are favored to stretch the current str | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888 Nov 9
Manny Pacquiao has selected welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas to be his next opponent. Cheap Air Max For Sale . Or has he? It depends on who you believe.Pacquiao, 37, will come out of a brief retirement to fight Nov. 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas in a pay-per-view view headliner. Michael Koncz, Pacquiaos adviser, told ESPN via text message that Vargas is the choice to be the opponent.Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, however, told ESPN.com later Thursday that Vargas is not necessarily the opponent and that Terence Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs), who unified junior welterweight world titles with his dominant decision win against Viktor Postol on July 23, is still in the running.Arum and Koncz are scheduled to fly with each other to the Philippines on Sunday night to meet with Pacquiao in person, go over the deal points and get his official decision on who he will fight.When told that Koncz said that the pick was in, and that it was Vargas, Arum responded, Why would I go to the Philippines if I already had a deal and a decision on the opponent? If everything was set and arranged, why would I go over there for two days? Im not going over there for the food. I am going to find out what the f--- is on Mannys mind and its not easy to talk to him on the phone and we have to talk about a lot of things. Among the issues is the opponent.Michael can say whatever he wants but I havent talked to Manny about any of this.Arum added: Michael feels strongly about the opponent, but thats Michael, not Manny. And Manny has the final say. Theres no reason to be cute. I have no idea who Manny wants to fight yet, but its up to him, not up to me and not up to Michael.Arum did say he has an agreement in place with Vargas should Pacquiao pick him. Arum said Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs) and manager Cameron Dunkin came to Arums Las Vegas office recently and worked out the particulars, but that everybody knew the deal was contingent on Pacquiaos approval.Were ready to go, Dunkin said. I talked to Jessie [on Wednesday] and hes very excited. He really respects Manny, really respects [Pacquiao trainer Freddie] Roach. Jessie has already been training and getting ready. This is a chance of a lifetime. He just wants the fight. He really believes he can win and so do I.Hes 27, in his prime and as great a fighter as Manny is, hes got a lot of things going on. Jessie is very, very confident hes going to win the fight. Theres no doubt in his mind.Dunkin also co-manages Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs), 29, of Omaha, Nebraska. Arum said he has talked to Crawfords attorney about the outline of a possible deal to fight Pacquiao because Terence felt there might be a bit of a conflict for Cameron because he also manages Vargas, so he asked us to speak with his lawyer, which is what we have done.Pacquiao, who was elected to a six-year term to the senate in the Philippines in May, will fight while the government body is in recess. However, he plans to train in the Philippines, doing his senate duties by day and training by night before the recess. After Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs), boxings only eight-division titleholder, outpointed Timothy Bradley Jr. in their third fight on April 9 in Las Vegas, he announced his retirement.However, few believed it would stick and just a few months later he and Top Rank began making plans for his November return. Koncz told the Los Angeles Times that the site for Pacquiaos return is up in the air. He said it could be Las Vegas or Dubai, where supposedly there are investors interested putting up millions to lure a Pacquiao fight.Arum, however, told ESPN.com the fight will definitely be at the Thomas & Mack Center.Do I have meetings in Los Angles with people who have interest doing one of Mannys fights in Dubai? Yes, Arum said. But Michael is mistaken. Even if we went there it would not be for the November fight. If we went there it might be for a spring [2017] fight.Of course, a fight next spring could also be a possible rematch against Floyd Mayweather, who outpointed Pacquiao in their May 2015 welterweight unification bout, the richest fight in boxing history. Although Mayweather retired following his September victory against Andre Berto, few believe it will stick and that the prospect of another enormous payday against Pacquiao and the chance to run his record to 50-0 will be too much for him to resist. Cheap Air Max Shoes Online . To the surprise of many, it isnt the Wolverines but their in-state rivals the Michigan State Spartans. Cheap Nike Air Max Wholesale .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. http://www.cheapchinaairmax.com/ . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. The season that just started is pretty much half over. The teams that can still smell a championship no longer can feast on rent-a-victims, which is how we know that No. 2 Ohio State finally must play a Big Ten road game. Say this much for Urban Meyer, when he plays a road game, he makes it count. First, Oklahoma; now, No. 8 Wisconsin (ABC, 8 p.m. ET). No. 1 Alabama is playing its third SEC road game, and at No. 9 Tennessee at that. The schedule gods smiled on No. 4 Michigan, No. 5 Washington and No. 6 Texas A&M. At the exact midpoint of their seasons, they have an off week.1. Four Big Ten teams reached the AP top 10 for the first time in 56 years. Whats weird about that is on Oct. 3, 1960, Iowa,?Illinois,?Ohio State, and?Purdue?all were ranked between third and seventh, yet the Big Ten team that won the national championship that year was Minnesota. This time its Ohio State,?Michigan,?Wisconsin?and?Nebraska?-- RIP, Big Eight -- and, and barring a Badgers victory, there probably wont be four Big Ten teams in the top 10 next week. But theres no question here, anyway, that the Big Ten has been the strongest conference in the first half of the season. And the ACC is second.2. Miami freshman wide receiver Sam Bruce, the nephew of former NFL star Isaac Bruce, found out what Georgia players learned for 15 years under head coach Mark Richt: If you step over the line, he wont let you come back. Bruce already had been suspended once for a photo of him with a gun. He broke a leg last month playing pickup basketball and was out for the season. I always thought Richts soft-spokenness and compassionate religiosity masked a harder edge. But no one averages 10-3 in the SEC for that long if he doesnt have a structured program. Bruce found out what was well-known in Athens.3. Hurricane Matthew dumped nine inches of rain on Carter-Finley Stadium by 6 p.m. Saturday, but the calendar smiled upon NC State. With the state fair taking place across the street from the stadium, the Wolfpack play on the road for the next two weeks. Assistant athletic director Ray Brincefield said this annual break allows for a midseason overseed and top dress. For the latter, he said, the school used 24 tons of sand this week instead of 12. He predicts the grass will be ready for Boston College on Oct. 29. Dont forget: North Carolina State has a turf school. They know how to grow grass.4. Iowa?coach Kirk Ferentz, one of the least hyperbolic people Ive ever met, said Tuesday that he likes the College Football Playoff as is and has no desire to see the field expanded to eight teams -- and that he fully expects that to happen. Were going to [go to eight teams] because there is so much talk and attention and emphasis on it, Ferentz said. Cheap Wholesale Air Max Shoes. I think were right where we need to be. He is concerned for the fate of the bowls, which have suffered as the playoff has blossomed. You can be in the playoffs, Ferentz said, and still have bowls that mean a lot to the teams involved. Last season, Iowa won the Big Ten West, as opposed to the Big Ten, and went to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 25 years.5. The emergence of?Jake Browning?into the bright lights of Heisman Trophy contention also shines a beam on the meager history of Huskies and Heismans. The last time a Washington player finished among the top 10 vote-getters: 2000, when quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo led the Huskies to a Rose Bowl victory. The last time a Washington player finished among the top five: 1991, when defensive tackle Steve Emtman finished fourth. The last time a Huskies offensive player finished among the top five: never, as in not one. Emtman is the only Washington player who finished higher than seventh (tailback Greg Lewis, 1990). East coast bias? Your witness.6. Some rivalries are filled with tension every season.?Tennessee?and?Alabama, known to fans on both sides of the states shared border as the Third Saturday in October, is not one of them. The Vols and the Crimson Tide might be the streakiest rivalry in sports. Only twice since 1961 has a team not lost at least two years in a row. Check it out: 1961-66: Alabama, 5-0-1; 1967-70, Tennessee, 4-0; 1971-81, Alabama, 11-0; 1982-85, Tennessee, 4-0; 1986-94, Alabama 8-0-1 (the NCAA later forced the Tide to forfeit the 1993 tie); 1995-2001, Tennessee, 7-0; 2007-15, Alabama, 9-0. From 2002 to 06, Tennessee won three out of five, and the NCAA forced Alabama to vacate its 2005 victory. The Tide are favored to stretch the current streak to 10 games against the injury-riddled Vols.7. I have been thinking about my friend and colleague Beano Cook, who died four years ago this week. No one was ever more passionate about the history of college football, or about pricking pomposity. This, from a 2010 podcast: Jim Tatum left Oklahoma to take the Maryland job after the 46 season and (Bud) Wilkinson got the Oklahoma job. I dont think the people of Oklahoma had any idea what they were getting. They got absolutely, I wont say genius. I will use an adjective: a football genius. These people who refer to coaches as a genius: Einstein was a genius. Edison was a genius. Football coaches arent geniuses. They might be football geniuses. But not geniuses. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '