Olympics, which the U.S. won 4-2 The U.S | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123 Oct 13
MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica - Canada has its back to the wall at the CONCACAF under-20 Championship after losing 2-1 to Cuba on Monday. Mike Singletary Jersey .The defeat dropped Canadas record to 1-3-0 in fifth spot in Group B with one game left to play Thursday against Honduras. Only the top three advance to the playoffs.Cuba (1-2-1) went ahead early Monday after Nolan Wirth had problems with a clearance and Frank Lopez caught the Canadian goalie off his line. Lopez scored a second just before halftime off a header.We werent nearly good enough in the first half for all the possession that we had and we had pretty much 80 per cent of the ball, Id say, said Canadian head coach Rob Gale. We didnt play with the tempo and the energy that we needed and one mistake on the first goal was absolutely crucial, as youd see-because the opposition slows the game down.Jackson Farmer of the Vancouver Whitecaps reduced the lead to 2-1 early in the second half but Canada was unable to pull even.A 3-2 victory by Honduras over Haiti later Monday eliminated Canada from the tournament. Still, the Canadians will play Honduras on Thursday in both teams final group-stage match.Group A features host Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Panama, the U.S. and Guatemala.The group winners move to the tournament final and advance to the FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand. The second- and third-place teams will cross over to play the second- and third-place countries from the other group to decide the final two World Cup spots from North and Central America and the Caribbean.Canada has not taken part at the FIFA U-20 championship since it hosted the event in 2007, when it failed to score a goal or pick up a point. Markus Wheaton Jersey . He still wanted out. "It just seemed like the direction they were going didnt fit what I thought my career was going to be," Kesler said. "At the end of the day I want to win a championship and I want to win it now, and four years is a little too long for me. Deonte Thompson Jersey .The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time.TAMPA, Fla. - Hope Solo got her 71st career shutout, Sydney Leroux scored a first-half goal, and the United States womens team beat France 1-0 in a friendly Saturday night. Solo made a nice save on Elodie Thomis early on, and got a break when Eugenie Le Sommers shot hit the post 15 minutes before halftime. Solo tied Briana Scurry for the most shutouts by a U.S. goalkeeper. "Its an amazing moment, Solo said. "It goes down in history. Im happy it was against a great team. I earned it. I had a couple saves. Thats going to go down as a very memorable game for me." Leroux scored her team-leading seventh goal this season from in-close in the 21st minute. U.S. forward Abby Wambach, who has 167 career goals, was not in the lineup. Wambach hurt her left knee during a NWSL game earlier this month and is listed as day-to-day. The match against France was the first for the U.S. team since Jill Ellis was promoted to head coach on May 16. Ellis was the teams interim coach after Tom Sermanni was unexpectedly fired in early April after an exhibbition victory against China. William Perry Jersey. "We just played a tremendous opponent, so its very meaningful," Ellis said. France made a late push in the second half, but failed to get the equalizer. "France put the pedal down," Ellis said. "But I thought we defended very well." "We had chances," France midfielder Ines Jaurena said. U.S. forward Alex Morgan entered in the 49th minute, her first national team appearance since November. Morgan had been out with an ankle injury. "Its been a long time definitely," Morgan said. "The speed (of the game) I need to get used to." Saturdays start was delayed 40 minutes due a thunderstorm that prompted officials at Raymond James Stadium to clear the stands and have fans move to covered areas under the stands 30 minutes before the scheduled 7:30 start. It was the first meeting between the teams since the 2012 Olympics, which the U.S. won 4-2 The U.S. women will host the eight-team CONCACAF World Cup qualifying tournament in October. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '