Cullen can be reached at Scott. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123 Oct 13
HOYLAKE, England -- U. Matt Martin Jersey .S. captain Tom Watson had been looking forward to seeing Tiger Woods at the British Open to "tell him my feelings about him direct" about the Ryder Cup. On second thought, theres not much to say. "Not a whole lot, probably," Watson said Monday. "Again, its performance. I could ask Tiger, How are you feeling? How are you feeling like youre hitting the ball? Are you hitting it well? And that doesnt mean anything, really. The performance means something. Ill be watching Tiger and I want him on the team -- I do. Hes a tough competitor and hes great in the team room. Wouldnt you want him on your team?" Woods has three tournaments to give Watson an indication of his game. The 14-time major champion was out for three months because of back surgery, and he wasnt playing well in the months leading to the March 31 operation as his back pain became more evident. Woods is No. 72 in the Ryder Cup standings with only five weeks remaining to earn one of nine spots. He is a long shot to make the team, though a victory at Royal Liverpool -- or the PGA Championship -- would do the trick. Watson repeated the two factors that matter to him -- the game and the health of Woods. And he was careful not to speculate what would happen if Woods failed to get into the FedEx Cup playoffs for the top 125. Woods is at No. 212 with three tournaments remaining. "If hes playing well and hes healthy, Ill pick him," Watson said. "But then the caveat is if he doesnt get into the FedEx Cup. What to do then? And thats the question I cant answer right now." Woods has the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone ($9 million purse) and the PGA Championship ($10 million purse, with points doubled) before the Ryder Cup qualifying period ends. Watson will make his three picks after the second FedEx Cup event. "I cant speculate how hes going to be playing through the PGA," Watson said. "I hope that hes playing well enough where he gets in the FedEx Cup and plays a few tournaments in the FedEx Cup. Thats my sincere hope, that he plays well. And I suspect hell be there." Woods won at Royal Liverpool in 2006. He returns to a course that is green and lush, a sharp difference from last time when it was brown and fast. He played 12 holes Saturday and 18 holes Sunday, and was not at the course for much of Monday. He has said his intention is to win this week, having returned three weeks ago at Congressional with plenty of rust in his short game. Woods missed the cut. Watson likes the way Woods is thinking, and hopes every player in the field has the same intention. "Just put it this way: I wouldnt write off Tiger Woods for a long time the way he plays the game," Watson said. "Hes a tough competitor. He knows how to swing the golf club. And yes, hes had some injuries and other things -- issues. But the thing is, hes had a long career. And I fully expect it to be a longer career." Woods has made every Ryder Cup team since he turned pro except for 2010, when he was returning from a scandal in his private life that led to divorce. Corey Pavin picked up for the team at Wales. Woods won three of his four matches for his best individual record in any Ryder Cup. Zach Hyman Jersey . The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. Frederik Andersen Jersey . Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist stood tall with 41 saves between the pipes, but it was defenceman Ryan McDonagh who got the first star of the game as he had a goal and an assist and now has two goals and four assists for six points in two games.The Oakland As, owners of the best run differential in the majors, have taken over top spot in the TSN.ca MLB Power Rankings, ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays and San Francisco Giants. The As have scored 296 runs -- most in baseball -- while allowing 181, the fewest in baseball. Their plus-115 run differential is 56 runs ahead of second-best San Francisco. Among those moving up this week, the Chicago White Sox are up from 16 to 10 with rookie first baseman Jose Abreu returning to the lineup, and the Washington Nationals are up from 19 to 13, in part because of the effectiveness of starting pitcher Doug Fister, who was injured to start the year. The New York Mets skyrocket from 26 to 15, with one 14-inning losss their only blemish in the past seven games. Darcy Tucker Jersey. The Texas Rangers creep up from 21 to 16 and the Boston Red Sox, winners of seven straight before Mondays loss, jump from 28 to 20. Heading the other way, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim couldnt hold top spot for long, going from one to five, after getting swept soundly by the As. The slumping Philadelphia Phillies sink from 18 to 25 and the Tampa Bay Rays drop seven spots, from 22 to 29, after losing seven straight along with a couple of starters to the injured list. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '