wboys have faced the Redskins a franwboys have faced the Redskins a fran | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 16
WASHINGTON -- Watching Stephen Strasburg on the mound in 90-degree heat, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker recalled how he heard the right-hander would wilt in these situations. Cedrick Wilson Jr. Jersey .Nothing about Strasburgs outing against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday night, or any other opponent this season, has resembled wilting. Strasburg is the first National League starting pitcher to begin a season 13-0 in more than 100 years, a recapturing of the dominance he showed early in his career before Tommy John surgery.Strasburg has won 16 consecutive decisions dating back to September and during that stretch has struck out 182 batters and walked 37. This season his 2.51 ERA is sixth in the majors, and his command of his pitches is reflected in the numbers.In my opinion this has been the best year Ive seen him pitch, catcher Wilson Ramos said through an interpreter. Hes been very effective attacking the zone, keeping the ball down. Hes been hitting his spots very well with all his pitches. Usually a starter that attacks the zone like that and doesnt miss his spots very much will usually has success like hes been having.Mixing his overpowering fastball with a cutter, curveball and change-up, Strasburg has thrown an impressive 66.4 percent of his pitches for strikes this season, and yet batters are hitting .195 against him with only 11 home runs in 17 starts.Perhaps the most impressive number is the zero in the loss column.He hasnt lost, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. Thats pretty hard to do up here. Its in late July and he hasnt lost a game. Whatever hes doing, hes probably going to continue it.Strasburgs 13 victories to open a season are tied with teammate Max Scherzer and Ron Guidry as the sixth-longest streak in major league history and mark the longest in the NL for a starter since Rube Marquard of the New York Giants went 18-0 in 1912.Asked if this felt like a 13-0 season, the 27-year-old didnt know how to answer.The results, I cant control, said Strasburg, who signed a $175 million, seven-year contract extension in May. Im trying to go out there and execute pitches and roll with the highs and lows. Its always going to be that way. You ask any veteran pitcher in the league, there are years where they feel like they really dominated all year and just didnt have the numbers to show for it and there are other years where they feel like they realty didnt pitch to the level they expected and they had all the numbers to show for it.There are tangible explanations for Strasburgs numbers, and Baker said it starts off the field. The veteran baseball man said the Nationals staff urged Strasburg to increase his work between starts.After an injury-filled 2015 that included a strained left trapezius muscle, a strained oblique and other tweaks that had little to do with pitching, Strasburg changed his workout approach. He may not work out more, but he does it differently.As Ive gotten older its not trying to go out there and lift the house in the weight room, Strasburg said. I think Ive just been trying to get back to square one, ready for the next start. Throwing that many pitches, doing that over and over again, it kind of takes a beating on your body, so were just trying to work with the training staff and identify what areas I need to work on to get feeling good for the next one.Strasburg missed two weeks this season with an upper-back strain, but that didnt slow him down. Since returning from the disabled list July 3, he has allowed just two earned runs on five hits and struck out 20 in 21 2/3 innings.Some of that dominance is mental, according to Ramos, who said Strasburg had the tendency in previous years to get down when things didnt go his way or the defense let him down. Ramos has talked to Strasburg extensively about letting his pitches work and the defense take care of things.We have a great team playing behind him and hes finally taken to that and hes pitched extremely well and the teams helped him out a lot, Ramos said. So far hes having a great year and his attitude is, I think, the biggest difference with the way hes going out there and just being aggressive -- a lot more aggressive than he has been in the last few years and I think thats made a big difference. Cheap Stitched Cowboys Jerseys . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Michael Gallup Jersey . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. http://www.wholesalecowboysjerseys.com/ . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. The Dallas Cowboys are the talk of the NFL right now, racing out to the leagues best record and a club-record winning streak behind pair of dynamic offensive rookies.The Cowboys (9-1) havent lost since the season opener way back on Sept. 11. Its a start that has everyones attention, given the prominence of the franchise and the circumstances surrounding its unexpected dominance.And while Dallas is enjoying its lofty perch atop the league standings, the Cowboys are quite aware of what awaits Thanksgiving against longtime rival Washington at AT&T Stadium.The defending NFC East champion Redskins (6-3-1) are off to one of their best starts in years and are looking for revenge after losing to Dallas earlier this season.Im excited about it, Cowboys first-year quarterback Dak Prescott said. I have never done this before, to respond real quick and play another game. But I love ball, and I love these games. Im excited for it and Im looking forward to it.Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott have electrified the Cowboys attack. Prescott has accounted for 21 touchdowns -- 17 passing and four rushing -- and Elliott leads the league in rushing with 1,102 yards.Dallas has piled up at least 400 yards of total offense in eight consecutive games, tying New England (2007) and Denver (2013) for the longest single-season streaks in NFL history.Prescott threw for 301 yards and three touchdowns, two going to Dez Bryant, in Sundays 27-17 win over Baltimore. Elliott ran for 97 yards.The only 10-1 start in Cowboys history came in 2007. Finishing off a season sweep of the Redskins would match that mark.Were taking it one game at a time and focusing on whats happening at that moment, said Bryant, who has five touchdown catches, but is questionable with a back injury. Were not looking too far ahead.Washington is no slouch offensively behind Kirk Cousins. The Redskins walloped Green Bay 42-24 on Sunday, scoring the second-most points since Jay Gruden became head coach in 2014.With 515 total yards against the Packers, Washington has hhit at least 500 yards twice this season. Mike White Jersey. That ties the most in a single campaign, dating back to 1950.The Redskins finished with two 100-yard receivers (Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder) and a 100-yard rusher (Robert Kelley) in a single game for the first time since Sept. 12, 1999 against Dallas.DeSean Jackson stopped short of calling Sunday a breakout performance for the offense.Id like to say that, but its one game, he said. You cant put all the eggs in one basket for one game. We have to continue to come out here and put the work in every week. This is going to be a quick week for us, we play another on Thanksgiving.That game means a lot for us. We see everybody winning in our division and we still have a lot of work to put in to get to where we need to get to. We know whats at stake and we know what we want to accomplish at the same time.Washington is off to its best start since opening 7-3 in 1996. The Redskins have rebounded from being 0-2, which included a 27-23 home loss to Dallas on Sept. 18.Former Washington running back Alfred Morris had the game-winning touchdown for the Cowboys in the fourth quarter.The Redskins are 6-1-1 since that loss.Were feeling good, but at the same time its a short week and were playing one of the best teams in the NFL on Thursday, said Cousins, who has seven touchdowns passes in his last three games. Once again, I feel like I say it every week, but welcome to the NFL.It doesnt get any easier from here in our division. A lot of people wanted to take shots at it last year and said, You know, its not a very good division. I think this year proves that in the NFL everybody is good.The Cowboys have faced the Redskins a franchise-high seven times on Thanks?giving and hold a 6-1 record. Washington has won its last to visits to AT&T Stadium.Dallas, 29-18-1 all-time on the holiday, is aiming to snap a two-game losing streak on Turkey Day. Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2020 NFL Jerseys From China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys From China ' ' '